Does Otter Fencing supply & install Timber Paling or Picket Fences?

Otter Fencing specialises in fences & gates made from galvanized steel, such as Chain-link Fabric, Tubular, Welded Mesh and Metal Clad. We will Install Timber Fences only if the timber fence forms a part of a larger project that involves a variety of fencing types. If you are after a Residential Timber Paling or Picket boundary or front Fence or Gates we recommend that you check your local paper for a Timber fencing contractor that will service your local area.

What are the opening hours of Otter Fencing

Otter Fencing is open Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 4.30pm.

Where is Otter Fencing Located?

12a Kitchen Road, Dandenong South, Victoria, Australia

Does Otter Fencing install fences & gates?

Yes. Otter Fencing has a long and proud history of installation, specialling in; Chain-link Fabric, Tubular, Welded Mesh & Metal Clad fences & gates and has done so for more than 60 years. In that time Otter Fencing has built its reputation on quality, combined with unsurpassed reliability.

Does Otter Fencing offer no obligation, free quotes?

Yes. Please contact Otter Fencing on 8791 2000 to seek a quote for your new fence and or gates.

Does Otter Fencing provide an installation warranty?

Yes. For complete customer satisfaction, Otter Fencing supports all installation work with a 12 month unconditional workmanship guarantee.

Does Otter Fencing manufacturer and supply fencing materials & gates?

Yes. We’re a one-stop shop for all your chain-link fabric, tubular and welded mesh steel fencing components, including: Pipe fittings, gate hinges, helicoil cable, lacing wire, tie wire, barbed wire, razor wire and much more.

Our fully equipped engineering workshop allows us to offer value-added processing such as: Cutting, bending, pipe swagging, punching, welding, capping and powder coating.

We are also well equipped to manufacture non-standard custom items, to suit your individual job requirement.

What is the difference between: Chain-link Fabric & Chain-Wire Mesh?

Nothing, both describe the same product. In fact, other descriptions commonly used are: Cyclone mesh, Cyclone wire, Tennis Court Mesh, Chain wire or Chain mesh.

How many bags of pre-mixed Concrete Mix are required to fill a cubic metre?

Approximately 110 x 20kg Concrete Mix bags are required to fill a cubic metre.

Who pays for the cost of a fence?

Generally the two title boundary owners (neighbours) are both responsible for the boundary fence. They should share equally the cost of repair or construction of a “standard fence”. The term “standard fence” is not formerly defined in the legislation, although the legislation does state that a fence should be “sufficient for the purposes of both occupiers”. The term is generally taken to mean a fence of the kind and standard usually constructed in that area or estate.

What to do if you want a new fence?

Firstly, contact your neighbour to see if you can agree on the need for a new fence, the type of fence, and who will organise it. You should also discuss its physical placement, which ideally should be on the title boundary line. Then seek a written quotation from a Fencing contractor and copy of it for your neighbour. The quotation should specify the length, height and type of fence, as well as the cost. It should include the cost of removing the existing fence, if applicable.

What is a “Notice to Fence”?

A notice to fence is a legal document that is used in the process of dealing with your neighbour when you require them to pay a share of the cost, a notice to fence should; set out where the fence is to go, the type of fence proposed (i.e. length, height, materials, colour) and the proportion of the cost that each of you will contribute.

What if your neighbour hasn’t consulted you?

If your neighbour builds a fence without consulting you, you are not obliged to contribute to the cost of the new fence. However, if you don’t like the type of fence that has been installed there is little that you can do about it , i.e. you can’t force your neighbour to pull it down, unless it doesn’t comply with building regulations or planning controls in your area. You can check this with your local city council.